Extreme Wrestling Empire
Extreme Wrestling Empire
Extreme Wrestling Empire
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Extreme Wrestling Empire

9 out of 10 dentists recommend EWE.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review

Go down 
+3
Chris Jericho
Psycho Messiah
Lane Kennedy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lane Kennedy

Lane Kennedy

Character sheet
Wrestler Name: Lane Kennedy
Championship: Snarf Snarf
Finisher: TBD

BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review Empty
PostSubject: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review   BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:02 pm

HOW I DO THINGS

Here is how I do my reviews. I rate each show/ppv on __ parts

Realism: Are you able to talk like your wrestler (with the exceptions of CAWs of course) in rp's? Are you doing things in your rp's that your character would do? For match writers how believable are the matches you write? Are you putting in moves the wrestlers would do?

Originality: Are the rp's as well as the matches the same every time? For match writers do you result to the same sequences? For rp'rs do you talk about the same stuff?

Overall Quality: For match writers, are you keeping me on edge wondering the outcome to this match, and how it will end? Or is it plain and obvious where it's going? For rp'rs, do you rp's/promos keep on track of the subject, or do you spiral off?

Organization: For show organizers (people who put the shows together). Does the order make sense, (example match promo, break, and so on) or is it random and rushed together (ex match match match, break, promo promo promo ect)

Diversity: In matches, do the matches seem to take the same sequences and endings? Or is each match different? For rp's are they all straight forward talking, or are you taking strides to make yourself stand out and truly be the best?

When I score, i don't score each segment individually. I score them as a whole following the catagories above. At the end I will put the match and promo/rp I think stood out above the rest, for each show. Then I choose the best match and rp of the week.

BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II Review

First off the show started on a high note, but emotional low. It started with Chris Jericho coming out and talking about the death of Lance Cade. Not only was this something that could happen in real life (therefore a good realistic, and unique rp) but it also connects with us all on a real level. Throughout the show there were various matches and rp's that all stood out on there own. We say a match between Angel and Helms that had a high quality writing of a combination of submissions and quick strikes. We saw a greatly executed "exit" of the Brett DiBiase character, and the birth of a new story between John Cena and Zack Ryder, which I look forward to seeing unfold. We got to witness the destruction of Mr. "Vanishing Act" himself Bobby Lashley, combined with a perfectly written match spotlighting Sheamus, and what he would really do in that situation. There was the All or Nothing match that started out with a good realistic promo by The Miz. Followed by the actually match it self. I do applaud the match writer for making the match complete chaos, (like it should be) but being able to keep it controlled so that we the readers could easily follow the action. When it came to the main events, both matches went really in depth, and had great descriptions with them. I can tell those who wrote them put in a lot of effort, and it truly did pay off.

FINAL RATING

I give this PPV a 4 out of 5 stars. For the most part the show was good except some of the ppv's seemed a little too straight forward, and repetitive.

BEST RP:[b] The best rp is a tie. Between Matt Hardy and Michael Tarver. Both rp's went really in depth, were on task with the subject at hand, brought out emotions that the wrestlers would have in real life, and were overall good quality.

[b]BEST MATCH:
For the best match, I give it to the main event, Mr. Anderson vs Michael Tarver. This match stood above the rest because it showed a lot of effort was put into it, was really well descriptive. It had realistic emotion, had me figuratively on the edge of my seat wondering what the outcome would be.

XPLOSION 27 Review

This show had a lot to live up to, dealing with the fall out of B4S on the Xplosion side. In it we saw the return of Christian, a brutal match between the Psycho Messiah and Matt Hardy, and the makings of a LEGEN...wait for it..DARY match for the main event next Xplosion, involving Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Triple H, and Shawn Michaels in a fatal four way ladder match for the world championship. We saw excellent promos executed by Chris Jericho, Shawn Michaels, and the Psycho Messiah.

Rating: I give this match a 5 out of 5 stars for multiple reasons. It showcased great matches from opening to main event. It handled the fallout of B4S extremely well, and it showcased many good promos.

Best RP: I give the best rp to the extremely in depth, descriptive, emotional, realistic, promo by The Psycho Messiah.

Best Match: For this award the winner was clear. It went to a match that was worthy of main eventing a ppv......Chris Jericho and Jack Evans vs Triple H and Shawn Michaels.

That's all there is for today, I did not compare Xplosion to B4S for obvious reasons. (Even though B4S got and 4 and Xplosion got a 5 I grade PPV's on a harder scale then regular shows.)
Back to top Go down
Psycho Messiah

Psycho Messiah

Character sheet
Wrestler Name: Psycho Messiah
Championship:
Finisher: Death Dealer

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review   BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Thanks man for the Best RP nod.
Back to top Go down
Chris Jericho
Jobber
Jobber
Chris Jericho

Character sheet
Wrestler Name: Chris Jericho
Championship:
Finisher: Walls of Jericho

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review   BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Great work. Amazing, keep it up.
I loved to read it through and I can't wait for the next one, seriously.
Cheers.
Back to top Go down
https://extreme-w-empire.rpg-board.net
Blackout
Dark Match
Dark Match
Blackout

Character sheet
Wrestler Name: Blackout
Championship: Word Wrestling Champion
Finisher: The Black Resolution

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review   BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:23 pm

Chris Jericho wrote:
Great work. Amazing, keep it up.
I loved to read it through and I can't wait for the next one, seriously.
Cheers.

This. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review   BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 7:46 pm

Cool beans.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Michaels
Dark Match
Dark Match
Shawn Michaels

Character sheet
Wrestler Name: Shawn Michaels
Championship: BBQ Champion
Finisher: Sweet Chin Music

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review   BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 03, 2010 11:00 pm

Great, we have ratings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mr. Anderson

Character sheet
Wrestler Name: Mr. Anderson
Championship: None
Finisher: Mic Check

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review   BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 6:03 pm

agreed thanks for taking your time to write this Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt Hardy
Jobber
Jobber
Matt Hardy

Character sheet
Wrestler Name: Matt Hardy
Championship: None
Finisher: Twist of Fate

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review   BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 7:59 am

Mr. Anderson wrote:
agreed thanks for taking your time to write this Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review   BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BATTLE FOR SUPREMACY II & XPLOSION 27 Review
Page 1 of 1